Tomato Thai Hummous? Humus? Humous? Delicious!

>> Friday 19 February 2010


Awwww snap. Hummous, humus, hummus, humous, no matter how you spell it (and there are tons of various ways), this chick pea mashup is delicious!

Perfect for afternoons spent contemplating calling that guy you've really wanted to ask out, or watching the olympics (that ski-cross sport looks insane!) or just doing some catching up on your reading. Okay, well that's what I found it perfect for...but I know you'll find lots of other times to enjoy it too!

You heard it right, today it's all about the tomato thai hummous.

The simple and beautiful thing about hummous is that as long as you have some chick peas, you can make a really fast spread for sandwiches or as a dip for veggies or toasted pita bread. The perfect snack at any point during the day!
Traditionally hummous has tahini (a sesame seed paste) in it, olive oil, lemon juice and garlic... but this is the beauty of this recipe as you can add or omit as you like.

No really, you can add anything you'd like...from plain yogurt to make it creamier to other spices, make it saltier or spicer. The only reallyy key ingredients are the chick peas and the garlic. (It's a good thing I'm calling this guy and not meeting face to face!)
No harm, no foul. This is truly a foolproof recipe, I promise you, but everything is to taste, so in regards to spices add a little if you are unsure and gradually add more until you are comfortable with the taste.

Now go forth and blend...and try not to breathe on anyone who isn't sharing with you. ;)



Tomato Thai Hummous
  • 1 can drained chick peas (save some of the water in case the mix is too thick for your taste)
  • 6-7 cherry tomatoes
  • 2 cloves of garlic finely chopped
  • juice from 1 lime
  • 1 tbsp olive oil (I substituted the chick pea water for this)
  • 1 tbsp Thai seasoning blend (I used McCormicks)
  • fresh ground pepper
  • generous pinch of salt
  • (You can also add one small red chopped and seeded chili for some extra spice)

  1. Toss is all in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth and creamy.
  2. Chill for a couple of hours to let all the flavours blend, but you can enjoy right away if you choose.
  3. Serve with cut up veggies or wedges of toasted pita bread.

Now go call that man...you know you wanna.

3 comments:

The Asian Pear 21 February 2010 at 19:55  

I'm suprised you didn't use tahini. I might have to try this recipe... I never make it at home cause I don't want to buy tahini. haha.

Anonymous,  22 February 2010 at 16:43  

I'm definitely going to try this recipe. I'm sort of mad I bought 2 big containers of hummus from Costco yesterday, lol!

Webgrrl74 1 March 2010 at 11:11  

hahahahaha.....echoingmetaphor. I know. Hummus is just sooo delicious, you really can't go wrong. And it's good on everything!*LOL*

AP, I know.(re: tahini)Crazy huh? I hate skimping out on things, but this really didn't need the tahini which was great!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP