South St. Burger Company

>> Thursday 8 April 2010

I occassionally do reviews of items for BzzAgent.com...and my most recent assignment was to check out the South St. Burger company.

Now I know this franchise has been around for a while, but I've never actually been in! Crazy, I know. I don't know what preconceived notions I had or maybe it's because I was always under the impression that it was pretty expensive...but there is a great reason for that which I am about to explain.

BzzAgent sent me a bunch of buy one, get one free coupons which I dispersed among the families that come into my workplace which is great because there is a South St. Burget Company just down the street from my job.

They also sent me a $10 coupon so I could try it myself first hand.

I never knew before, but what puts South St. Burger apart from the other burger joints is that the patties are made fresh and contain absolutely no hormones, antibiotics, filler or preservatives from cows that are raised on small co-op farms that practice natural and conscientious farming.

Seriously, for someone who is trying to eat better (or at least more consciously) and really pay attention to businesses who are trying at least to save/protect the environment, South St. Burger is really doing a great job as they use local ingredients & support local farms, use LED bulbs in their stores, environmentally friendly cleaning products and recycled paper products and 100% Bullfrog power(green electricity). Pretty impressive.

Not only that...but they have 25 different types of toppings! Everything from wasabi mayo to guacamole. Not to mention that they are partnered up with New York Fries. Delicious!

All the great environmental friendliness aside, I really did enjoy the burger. Sure it was a little more expensive than the local burger place...but the quality definitely was of primary importance.

Simply put..I would certainly recommend South St. Burger for the healthier burger choice!

3 comments:

Amanda - Small Home Big Start 9 April 2010 at 15:32  

I've wondered about this place for a while, but after your review I'll give them a shot. Thanks :)

Anonymous,  9 April 2010 at 16:50  

I kinda wish we had a place like that here.. assuming they have vegetarian options!

There's a sandwich and salad place here called the Green Rebel that's similar in that it uses environmentally friendly products, is run on bullfrog power, they even give you a discount if you bring in a reuseable container. A+ in my book since every little bit helps.

Anonymous,  14 April 2010 at 08:20  

I have been to the one in Barrie with Lisa. We really enjoyed the burgers! Tops on my list for burgers!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP