Rocky Road Bars

>> Sunday 6 February 2011

 
Is there really something as 'too much' chocolate?
Is there a limit? A threshold, maybe a tipping point?

The correct answer = no. never. never. ever. ever
...but these Rocky Road Bars inspired by the Hummingbird Bakery version come pretty close. 

Some people will tell you that chocolate is better than sex.
Ummmmmm...dear future boyfriend, I will never say this to your face.
No matter how good the chocolate is. ;)



Rocky Road Bars
(adapted from the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook)

My version of these bars have less chocolate surrounding them and more of a chocolate coating everything mash up and pressing them altogether in the pan to create a pressed bar. 
  • 2 bags of milk chocolate chips
  • 8 regular sized coarsely chopped chocolate bars (gooey is better...I used 4 Snickers and 4 Mars bars)
  • 1 cup of miniature marshmallows (I think I used about a 1 & 3/4 of a cup)
  • 2/3 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
  • 1 cup Rice Krispie cereal
  • 1 cup malted milk balls (I opted for mini peanut butter chocolate cups)
  1. Line a 9" pan with parchment paper.
  2. Melt 2 bags of chocolate chips in a saucepan
  3. Put all remaining ingredients in a large bowl...ensure it's mixed well
  4. Pour melted chocolate over the ingredients in the bowl and combine until all pieces are coated in chocolate.
  5. Press mixture into lined pan.
  6. Refridgerate.
  7. Slice up into squares and enjoy! :)

I'll be telling you about a couple of my restaurant week in New York experiences this week...namely the opulent Russian Tea Room & Pigalle.  Plus I'll touch on Jon's Pizza, Cafe Havana & the Doughnut Plant.  Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP