Apple Crisp....for One!

>> Sunday 30 October 2011

You know what I like?

Simplicity.

In pretty much everything from relationships to camera manuals.  That love of simplicity transcends to desserts as well! Now don't get me wrong, I love fancy desserts (I just grow impatient with making them...mainly because I try to start fancy desserts at 2 am in the morning. Yep, don't ask.)

But simple desserts?  Ones that can be made in less than 10 minutes AND can be made for one?  Well, I'm hooked. 

I must have made about 5 of these in the past couple of weeks (don't judge) when I was craving something sweet and autumnal.  Especially when apples are in such abundance, this dessert is literally the perfect evening treat with a cup of tea.


Apple Crisp
(for one..or if you are feeling generous..for two!)

  • 1-2 apples (a tart cooking apple is great for this, but any of your favourite variety will do)
  • 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon flour
  • 2 tablespoon quick oats
  • 1 tablespoon butter (I use about 1/2 to 3/4 tbsp and it's fine) cut into smaller squares
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (again..to taste depending on how much you like cinnamon)
  1. Peel & slice apples...layer in the bottom of the bowl you'll be using.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix all the other ingredients.
  3. Put crumbly topping you've just made on top of the apples.
  4. Put in the microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes
  5. Let cool & eat with cheddar cheese, whipped cream or ice cream as you would any pie!
  6. Enjoy :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP