Dr. Pepper Thumbprint Cookies

>> Sunday 24 January 2010


I'll admit it. I love Dr. Pepper. I enjoy pop in general, but there is something about Dr. Pepper that sets me all alight. After scouring the internet for cookies that possibly may be able to incorporate my love of Dr. Pepper, I found this recipe. I was excited, intrigued and fascinated.

Would these cookies live up to my expectation of Dr. Peppery goodness?


Ummmmmm....no.

In fact it's safe to say that I can't even make out the teeny tiniest hint of the Dr. in these cookies.
However, they were delicious, so I will forgive them and instead drink a Dr. Pepper WITH them. That counts!



I hope you all had a good weekend! Be sure to head over to
feminine wiles & urban survival 101 to enter my contest for a copy of Wreck This Journal!
Oh....and I promise, next week...no cookies! :)




Dr. Pepper Thumbprint Cookies
(adapted from recipe on the Dr. Pepper Facebook discussion)
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cup oats
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup Dr. Pepper
  • Any sort of jam (I used homemade strawberry, raspberry and elderberry)

  1. Preheat oven to 375F
  2. Cream sugar,butter, egg, vanilla and Dr. Pepper in one bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, salt and baking soda.
  4. Add wet ingredients to dry and combine until blended.
  5. Remove small amount and roll between palms to create balls.
  6. Lightly flatten and create indent with your thumb in the tops of the cookies.
  7. Drop small spoonful of jam into the indent.
  8. Bake cookies for 12-15 minutes.

3 comments:

Make-up Junkie 24 January 2010 at 19:29  

OMG those look delish!!! Will have to try one day :)

Jennifer 25 January 2010 at 05:42  

YUM. I heart Dr. Pepper.

Webgrrl74 25 January 2010 at 08:59  

They really were nice and soft and yummy...just not Dr. Pepper-y.*LOL*
I need to find something that tastes like Dr. Pepper. Hmmmm. Similar thing happened when I made root beer cake.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP