10 Things You'll Learn About Me

>> Thursday 7 January 2010

Hi!
Welcome!

Because this is a new blog *as in yesterday* I want to welcome you all! I am pretty sure most of you came from Joy The Baker (OMG, ain't that girl something?!) and now I know I definitely must dig up some of my favourite and best recipes...and will try equally to share the failures (of which there have been many...trust me on this).

I figure so we can get to know each other a bit better, I'm going to share some tidbits of info you will learn/witness about me over the course of your visit!

Let's Begin....

1. I love to photograph people enjoying food


3. I believe that you should always try the local cuisine.

4.
Conveyor belt sushi is a brilliant concept!

5. Pad Thai at the Rivoli is my go-to/must have meal in Toronto...thus far ;)


6. I have never tried fried green tomatoes, but I am fascinated with them, and it has nothing to do with the movie of the same name.

7. I will try anything once...and have. (I am also a sucker for packaging)

8. Coffee makes everything infinitely better. Hmmmm...wine does that too.


9. I get too excited about seeing the outcome of things, that I have a tendency to skip directions (I once killed/almost killed an entire colony of Sea Monkeys)...occassionally, this also transfers to my cooking. The directions part, not the Sea Monkeys.

10. I watch far too much of the Food Network.

So, that's me! When I'm not seeing Jamie Oliver, I'll be over at feminine wiles & urban survival 101 with all sorts of randomness. Come visit! You can also ask me absolutely anything here...

Thanks again Joy for mentioning this little blog and welcome everyone! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous,  8 January 2010 at 07:46  

YES. Conveyor belt sushi is yummy and fun to eat!!!

Chefwanabe 8 January 2010 at 08:04  

Yes... Joy she is pure awesomeness. I'm still trying to catch up with all her delicious baking goods. Loved the Bene's "Mars Bars in Batter" sign.

Lisa 8 January 2010 at 10:59  

I look forward to the fun! :)

Meredith 8 January 2010 at 11:10  

Combining #6 & 7 - You must try fried green tomatoes! Look for cornmeal battered, non- frilly, fluff-free ones (i.e. no special confits, microgreens, special sauces, etc) served with a buttermilk dressing. Mmmm....

Christi 8 January 2010 at 13:03  

nice to meet you! and wine does make everything better!

Anonymous,  8 January 2010 at 14:23  

Cute post! Fried green tomatoes are delicious - you must try!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP