Double Lemon Delights & Led Zeppelin

>> Monday 18 January 2010

I think I can safely say...that cookies and music go well together.



I don't think it may be an obvious connection at first, but I bet once you think about all the cookies (and other baked goods!) out there in the world, you can find an equally delicious piece of music to go along with it!

Try these delicious combinations...

Chocolate Chip &
Indigo Girls' Closer to Fine

Rolled Pirouettes & Charles Trenet's Boum!

Oatmeal Raisin & John Denver's Rocky Mountain High

Peanut Butter & Smokey Robinson's Tracks of My Tears

Ginger Snaps & Ray Lamontagne's Jolene

Oreos & The Jackson 5's Who's Loving You

and now....

Double Lemon Delights &
Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven

Oh yes. I said it. Led Zeppelin & Lemons.

Lemon Cookies and really any Led Zeppelin tune works out to a pretty tasty combination.

I'll let you in on a little secret, I'm not a huge fan of many lemon cookies (or lemon meringue pies..yuck) or anything with rind...but these take the cake! They have loads of real lemon flavour (none of that artificial junk) and are a big, shortbread-y delicious slice of lemon-y goodness (and I like my zest really fine). In fact, I may have to say that these are probably one of my favourites.



Double Lemon Delights
(makes approx 12 -4" cookies)
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 tbsp grated lemon peel (save 1 tbsp for the icing)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup icing sugar
  • 4-5 tsp lemon juice

  1. Set aside 1 tbsp of lemon peel, icing sugar and lemon juice for the icing.
  2. Preheat oven to 375F
  3. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, one tbsp lemon rind and vanilla. Continue to beat until blended.
  4. Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl. Add flour mixure to wet mixture and combine until blended
  5. Roll balls of dough (approx 1/4 cup amount of dough) and flatten until about 3" in diameter on an ungreased cookie sheet. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of the unbaked cookie.
  6. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and transfer to racks or parchment to cool completely.
  7. Combine the lemon juice, icing sugar and 1 tbsp lemon rind in a small bowl and drizzle over the cool cookies. Let the icing set.
  8. Eat and enjoy while listening to your favourite tune!

7 comments:

Jennifer 18 January 2010 at 17:49  

A dose of lemony goodness on a cold winter's day sounds delightful! I love your cookie/music combos!!!!!

Webgrrl74 18 January 2010 at 23:58  

Thanks so much Jennifer! :)

zarpandit 19 January 2010 at 13:16  

hi there :)) i love lemon desserts..sour and sweet combo..Delicious :))

OceanPleiades 20 January 2010 at 17:33  

I was browsing Joy's (the Baker) site and craving lemon cookies. I clicked on her link and lo and behold! I decided it was fate and I had to make these. I made them tiny with my little cookie scoop. They are adorable and delicious. I need to put them away, but they are just so tasty!

Webgrrl74 20 January 2010 at 20:05  

Aww Avi! I'm so glad you made them! I loooooove them too..it's tough to restrict yourself for sure! :)

the bashful owl 27 January 2010 at 17:00  

Thanks for the recipe. I'm a lemon fan so I'm keen to give them a try.

Anonymous,  12 November 2011 at 22:21  

This was really yummy, but how do you achieve the white look of the drizzle? Mine didn't look like it had a drizzle on it, although you can taste it.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP