Key Lime Pie Smoothie

>> Saturday 19 January 2013



So, I suppose I should preface this blog post by saying that I've been drinking a smoothie everyday for breakfast for two straight weeks with my Nutribullet.  I'm simply trying to inject more fruit and veg into my everyday eating.  It's definitely making a difference.  Especially because I'm the "hold the breakfast and I'll just have coffee" sort. 

Well, no longer.  I have been trying to get creative with the blends of fruit and vegetable in the mix.  Some are good, some are pretty darn gross and some are phenomenal! :)

The key lime smoothie happened when I bought a bag of key limes recently for $1.77.  Total score considering we don't see them all too often here.  Key limes are smaller than normal limes, more round and a little more sweet than the average variety.  You could totally make this with regular limes and it would taste just as great.

I was thinking up some ways of using the limes as well as spinach (I told you, I've been using more vegetables!) in morning smoothie and I figured that the key limes are pretty much known for pies..so why not do a fake take on the pie?!

Key Lime Pie Smoothie

 
1 large handful of spinach
Juice of 4 key limes
Zest of 1 key lime
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp of macadamia nut butter (I'd avoid peanut butter because it'd be too overpowering)
1 banana (you could freeze this to add some chill and more thickness, but I actually preferred it not frozen)
1 pitted date (for sweetness - you could also add some agave syrup if you'd prefer)


Toss all in your Nutribullet, blender, etc.
Blend until smooth and enjoy! :)



1 comments:

Unknown 6 March 2013 at 23:05  

I have been trying to get creative with the blends of fruit and vegetable in the mix. Some are good, some are pretty darn gross and some are phenomenal! :)
serrurier le haillan

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP