OMG...Awesomesauce Paleo Seafood Stew

>> Monday 21 January 2013



Okay, so by now you've noticed that I've pretty much gone Paleo.
I cheat still (I cheat fairly often...I'm a sucker for cupcakes!) but for the most part, I am trying to eat as cleanly as I can.  I'll still be blogging on whatever I find the yummiest or best inventions in the world of food! (I've got a few coming up)

To be honest, I came across a similar recipe on Pinterest and was inspired.  This soup/stew is fast, easy and super tasty!  My dad, who is skeptical of pretty much anything I cook (and claims to hate seafood soup) actually ate a large bowl of it and exclaimed he thought it was great.  Pretty much a score for the family and they suggested I make it at least once every 2 weeks.  Sounds good to me.

It serves 4 and would be perfect with a side salad! :)

 
Paleo Seafood Stew
  • 1 package of mixed seafood (you can pick whatever seafood you prefer, but I just bought a bag of mixed - approx 1 lb I believe)
  • 1 can of coconut milk
  • 1 can of tomatoes (diced, full, chopped, whatever)
  • bunch of cilantro
  • Seasonings :: I used a  2 tbsp Thai mix and 1 tbsp ground corriander
  • 1 medium onion (diced)
  • 5 cloves of garlic (minced)
  • 2 tbsp olive oil (you can use coconut oil or ghee for a more paleo friendly approach!)
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • lime

  1. Sautee onions in olive oil until they are browning.
  2. Chop up the stems of a smallish bunch of cilantro (reserve the leaves for the top of the stew) and add to the onions along with the minced garlic.  Sautee for a few more minutes.
  3. Add can of tomatoes (I took a knife and ran them through the tomatoes while in the can to break them into chunks) and bring to a slow boil.  Turn the heat down.
  4. Add coconut milk..simmer for 5 minutes.
  5. Add seafood.  Simmer again for around 5 minutes.
  6. Spoon into bowls and sprinkle some of the cilantro leaves and a squeeze of fresh lime.





2 comments:

The Asian Pear 23 January 2013 at 12:27  

omg. This looks so good. I'm starting a pescaterian diet in March. I am so bookmarking this. Thanks!

Blogger 2 April 2017 at 06:36  

3 Studies REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you actually burn fat by consuming coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP