Carrot & Corriander Soup

>> Sunday 13 January 2013


One of the first things I should have told you at the beginning of this blog (you know, when I told you all about about me and some of the foodie related stuff I enjoy) that I love vegetables.

I looooove vegetables. But....

I HATE carrots.
Yep. I've never been a fan of the orange pointy root.  Sure, I'm fine with eating them raw- but cooked?  Blech! Gross!

However, turn that carrot into a soup and I may fall in love with you. I freakin' LOVE carrot soup!
Seriously, carrot soup is like crack for me and for someone who hates carrots, that's saying a lot.

Considering the recipe I'm giving you is a slightly modified version of a soup of a Jamie Oliver recipe, it's a total winner.  It's also totally paleo friendly.  (Which reminds me, I really need to do a post on the Paleo lifestyle *noted*)

With this recipe, if you were to toss in a handful of shredded cheese or some sour cream and you are looking at something you could serve at a fancy party (or to your fussy friends). (I'm sure you don't have fussy friends)

The only thing this recipe will require is time for prepping the carrots. Easy peasy.


Carrot & Corriander Soup
(Adapted from a Jamie Oliver recipe)

Ingredients
2 tbsp butter
Ground corriander (to taste...I like a lot)
2 Small onions (diced)
8-10 Large Carrots (chopped into similar sized rounds(coins))
3 Cloves of garlic (diced)
Chicken stock (half a box of Campbell's sodium reduced chicken stock)
salt & pepper


Directions
  1. Saute the diced onions and garlic with the butter in a saucepan until onions are translucent and starting to brown.
  2. Add chopped carrots and let carrots cook until soft.
  3. Add ground corriander (to taste- you can always add more later, but I like at least 1 tbsp)
  4. Add chicken stock.  Again, depending on how liquidy you like your soup, you can always add more stock if you like it to be thinner.
  5. Allow carrots and stock to simmer for approx 10 minutes.
  6. Blend soup with a handblender or food processor. 
  7. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP