Toaster Oven Crab Rangoons & Excuses..and No Excuses.

>> Sunday 13 January 2013

Ack.
I have far too many excuses for not writing.
None of them are very good excuses either!

Usually I was too hungry to take a photo, on some sort of crazy diet or ate the same thing day after day.  Ironically, I do have stuff to share!  So, I guess I'll be playing a bit of a catch up game in the next little bit.

For now I'm gonna tell you about how cleaning out my fridge led to crab rangoons.
Well, I suppose that's not entirely accurate either.  I mean, I had forgotten about the wonton wrappers I had in the fridge and then there was the case of the crabmeat.

You can say that my leftovers were rather handy AND I cleaned the fridge at the same time. :)
Crab rangoons are generally known for being fried, but following some links over at Pinterest, I found a recipe that said to bake them!  Awesomesauce.  But, because I'm a rebel...I toaster-ovened them! (And they were still awesome!)

Toaster Oven Crab Rangoons

Ingredients
1 package of wonton wrappers (I used the small ones)
3 green onions (finely chopped)
1/2 brick of cream cheese
1/2  package of faux crab (chopped)
Garlic powder (to taste)
Worchestershire sauce (to taste)
Thai dipping sauce


Directions
  1. I set my toaster oven to 'bake' and at the highest setting (I was also planning on wandering in and out of the kitchen to watch, so just keep an eye on them!)
  2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.  Garlic powder and worchestershire sauce to taste (I actually used quite a bit of both because I like the kick it gives)
  3. Take a small spoonful of the mixture and centre it on a single wonton wrapper, making sure not to overstuff.
  4. Pinch the corners of the wonton wrapper up over the mixture like a dumpling (all excess wrapper being up at the top  (see photo above).
  5. Place on foil wrapped tray in the toaster oven
  6. Watch for edges browning and make sure wrapper is hardened and cooked.
  7. Serve with Thai dipping sauce. (Amazeballs)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP